Major Areas of Focus
- Technique Refinement: Asana, Pranayama, and Meditation
- Anatomy, Physiology, Healing, and the Mind: Unifying Eastern & Western Wisdom
- Teaching Methods: Making the Transition from Student to Teacher
- Ancient Wisdom, Modern Mind: Presenting Yogic Philosophy So It Resonates Today
- Authentic Presence: The Greatest Gift You Can Offer to Others
- The Business of Yoga: Classes, Privates, Studios, and More
- Adjustments, Modifications, and Props: Working with Individual Anatomies, Mindsets, and Fitness Levels
- Student Teaching: Sequencing and Leading Classes, and Assisting Other Teachers
Typical Schedule for Teacher Trainings
During the Training you’ll start your day around 5:30am until 6:30pm. You’ll have an adequate break for your breakfast, lunch and dinner with extra free time some of the afternoons.
Some evenings there will be sessions after our Dinner break and will run no later than 9:00pm and many days you’ll have homework and assignments.
Keep in mind this a typical schedule but not necessarily the exact schedule every day and each location has small variations based on sunrise times. There is some other time off, additional sessions, and requirements that will be explained upon arrival and will vary with your specific program.
It’s important to remember that your Teacher Training is an immersion in yoga teaching education. It’s a fun adventure and very exciting and it’s also full and busy. Be prepared to study, learn, and have lots of fun!